Congratulations! Although you have taken this course in the fundamentals of firearms safety and responsible concealed handgun carry, there is still a lot more to learn. Please seek further reputable information on this topic through classes in your community, books, and the internet. Links to more information and answers to frequently asked questions can be found on this website. Also check https://idahocwl.org/frequently-asked-questions.
In this course you learned about the responsibilities and safe practices required to obtain your basic concealed handgun license. The key points are:
- It is your responsibility to know and understand the laws pertaining to when you can and cannot have a handgun concealed upon your person.
- If you choose to use deadly force, it is your responsibility to be able to articulate that there was an imminent threat that you or someone else was in danger of serious physical injury or death. Furthermore, you must be able to articulate that the threat had the intent, means, and opportunity to cause such injury.
- You are solely responsible for the safe handling, storage and use of your firearm.
- You could be held criminally responsible and/or civilly liable for any damage or injury that occurs as a result of the use of your firearm.
- Read and understand the owner’s manual before using your firearm.
- Follow the Four Cardinal Rules of Firearms Safety at all times.
- Treat all firearms as if they are loaded until you have verified personally that the firearm is not loaded. Never take a firearm from someone and assume it is unloaded. Check it yourself.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger, and outside the trigger guard and along the slide until you are on target and have made a decision to shoot.
- Always keep the firearm pointed in a safe direction (muzzle control).
- When discharging your firearm, be sure of your target and what lies beyond it.
- Always perform a safety check to make sure a firearm is unloaded whenever it is being handled for any reason other than immediate firing.
- Follow all safety guidelines when performing routine cleaning and maintenance of a firearm.
- Firearms should always be stored unloaded, with a safety device engaged in a safe and secure location that is inaccessible to children and unauthorized adults.
- Store ammunition in a secure location separate from the firearm.
- You can be held criminally responsible and/or civilly liable if you leave a loaded firearm in a location where you knew or should have known that a minor could gain access to it.
Although you have taken this course in the fundamentals of firearms safety and responsible concealed handgun carry, there is still a lot more to learn. Please seek further reputable information on this topic through classes in your community, books, and the internet.
Links to more information and answers to frequently asked questions can be found on this website. Also check https://idahocwl.org/frequently-asked-questions/.
Remember that all of this information is educational, and may not be relied upon as legal advice applicable to a specific factual situation. Please contact an attorney for legal advice.
A certificate obtained by completing this course does not guarantee you an Idaho CWL. Please contact a county sheriff’s office to ensure they will accept your application BEFORE spending money on this, or any other, CWL course.
*NOTE: IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED YOUR CERTIFICATE, YOU DO NOT NEED TO PAY AGAIN.
$25.00Add to cart